[GRASS-user] Release Candidate and CVS diff

Michele michele.rocc at libero.it
Mon Dec 11 04:34:12 EST 2006

> Michele wrote:
> > if I use the "CVS diff snapshot" to grass6.2.0 Weekly
> > available, I'll have the same code of the release candidate,
> > Am I right?

> so close-enough-for-testing-porpoises, but not exactly the >same.
>

> Hamish

I understand that every week a "CVS stable" snapshot is
generated an made available for download.
That snapshot is a "bugfix release".
Also a diff file is generated, so I'd like to use the diff
file to patch the grass6.2.0 source and recompile, instead
of download the full source snap.
Anyway there is a problem with the path of the diff file
compared to the path of my grass6.2.0 source as they mismatch,
and the patch procedure fails.
So I'm trying to do this using the CVS branch, but I'm looking for a way to produce the cvs
snapshot myself ... like My_grass6.2.0cvs.tar.gz,
once patched, cvs command seems not to include an option to do that, any hint appreciated.
I'm trying to do this to save grass servers bandwidth,
and because I have a very slow internet connection.

Thanks, Michele.

Mutui a tassi scontati da 40 banche. Richiedi online e risparmia...Servizio gratuito. www.mutuionline.it
http://click.libero.it/mutuionline11di06