[GRASS-user] Grass installation problem on Solaris 9

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Thu Dec 14 05:27:17 EST 2006

capricorn 80 wrote:

> Hi ! I have to past full messages so that u people can figure out whats the
> main problem in it So that i can install grass on solaris.
> Following are my messages when i compile grass-6.2.1RC1 on solaris 9.
> GRASS is now configured for:  sparc-sun-solaris2.9

> Then i change the directory and try to make i.e
> bash-2.05# cd /opt/grass/grass-6.2.1RC1/lib/gmath
> bash-2.05# make

> <unknown>                           0x18
> /usr/local/lib/libfftw3.a(t1_4.o)

> ld: fatal: relocations remain against allocatable but non-writable sections
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

> Please check it and let me know wat should i do.

The quick fix is:

1. In lib/gmath/Makefile, remove $(FFTWLIB) from the definition of
EXTRA_LIBS.

2. In include/Make/Grass.make and/or include/Make/Grass.make.in,
change the line:

	GMATHLIB      = -l$(GMATH_LIBNAME) $(GISLIB)
to:
	GMATHLIB      = -l$(GMATH_LIBNAME) $(FFTWLIB) $(GISLIB)

A better fix is to either build FFTW as a shared library, or (for a
static FFTW library) compile with -fPIC.