[GRASS-user] [Fwd: update of the training manual]

Gerald Nelson gnelson at uiuc.edu
Sun Dec 17 11:37:06 EST 2006

Is there some place on the web that discusses the differences between QGIS and Grass? I haven't done any extensive research on this but it appears that QGIS is more about display and a GUI, and perhaps windows compatibility. There seems to be a lot of overlap in functionality. My guess is that there are many relatively new users of open source GIS software that would like some discussion on why the two.

Thanks, Jerry