[GRASS-user] GRASS GIS 6.2.1 released

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Mon Dec 18 04:54:44 EST 2006

On 18/12/06 06:23, Abbott, Dawn wrote:

> I am trying to install winGRASS 6.2.1.  I have followed the directions
> from, http://geni.ath.cx/grass.html#toc9 under the heading alternative
> installation.  It went smoothly until the last step.  I typed in
> grass621 and grass6.2.1 neither worked in the x window.  Am I putting in
> the command to start grass?

The version of grass on this site is not 6.2.1, but a highly
experimental windows version of the development branch. Work is
currently on the way to stabilise the native windows version, but unless
you plan on helping in the development and debugging work, I would not
recommend using this version for now.

If you want to have access to GRASS commands in windows, you best bet at
this stage is to either wait for wingrass to be stabilized (which I
don't think will take very long any more), or to use the latest version
of QGIS with the GRASS toolbox.

Moritz