[GRASS-user] GTiff export

Dylan Beaudette dylan.beaudette at gmail.com
Mon Dec 18 14:13:05 EST 2006

On Monday 18 December 2006 08:05, Raffaele Morelli wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I got two raster files imported in Grass using r.in.gdal, one represents a
> dem, the other is a "drape". (the files originated from ArcGIS)
> I am setting up a WebGis app (apache, mapserver, php_mapscript) and need a
> tiff layer to represent elevation and have a image background to put my
> vectors/points on.
>
> I tried to export the dem file with r.out.gdal, but I obtain something
> similar to a negative a b/w image with no colors!
> Tried several 'createopt' but still with no success.
> With Grass6.2 everything looks fine.
>
> Whats' wrong? Should I merge the two raster files first?
> I am not a "GIS geek" so any kind of help will be appreciate.
>
> thanx
> raffaele

Hi,

I have had similar problems in the past. Here are some ideas that I posted a
while back:
http://casoilresource.lawr.ucdavis.edu/drupal/node/337

Note that r.out.gdal has been updated since I posted these notes. Also- I have
had the best luck using arcinfo (command line) directly to import geotiff
files:

imagegrid * * * *

cheers,

--