[GRASS-user] moving raster from one location to another

Seb spluque at gmail.com
Tue Dec 19 09:59:31 EST 2006

Hi,

I imported an Arcview grid to a new GRASS location with r.in.gdal.  In
contrast with Arcview shapefiles, AFAIK it's not possible to create
projection files for these grids as with shapefiles.  Therefore, the new
GRASS location ends up with XY (unprojected) projection details.  I know
that the grid is in LL WGS84 and need to move it to another GRASS location
with a UTM projection.  I thought this would be possible with r.proj from
the UTM location, but it's telling me that it cannot find projection info
for the input raster.  I've also tried m.proj from the raster's location,
but it tells me that it cannot project from/to XY location.  I would
appreciate some suggestions on how to achieve this.  Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

--
Seb