[GRASS-user] NVIS

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 19 23:02:06 EST 2006

Abbott, Dawn wrote:

>   This is what I have in my shapefile
>  |   Number of points:       0               Number of areas:      15518      |
>  |   Number of lines:        0               Number of islands:    1          |
>  |   Number of boundaries:   31238           Number of faces:      0          |
>  |   Number of centroids:    15518           Number of kernels:    0          |
> When I load my shape file into NVIZ the window writes that the file has
> been loaded however, I do not see anything.

I may be totally wrong, but I don't think vector areas work well with NIVZ.

try

g.region vect=yourmap
g.region -p

#if rows, columns > 2000x2000 set the resolution coarser:
g.region res=100 -a

then try a raster version: v.to.rast

or just

r.mapcalc basemap=0
nviz elev=basemap

Then display the vector on that surface, or go to the NVIZ raster panel
and set basemap's color surface attribute to the v.to.rast result.

??
Hamish