[GRASS-user] GTiff export

Raffaele Morelli raffaele.morelli at gmail.com
Wed Dec 20 08:16:24 EST 2006

> > Przemysław,
> > yes, I have what you got. But what kind of files are you pointing inside
> > your .map file, GTiff or what?
>
> I'm pointing to .tif files from .map, and they have accompanying .tfw
> with georeferences. Example:
>   LAYER
>     NAME "rzezba"
>     CONNECTION GDAL
>     DATA "rzezba.tif"
>     TYPE raster
>   END

Here again.

Unfortunately I did not solve the problem but still having problem with
visualization under mapserver using GTiff files from r.out.gdal

I used a 8-bit GTiff form ArcGis and everything was quite fine, so I tried
to obtain better results with r.out.gdal using type=Byte but in the
resulting GTiff I see only a restricted range of colors correctly displayed.

More precisely, only green pixels seems to honour the raster's scale,
everything else is brown... even the sea.
So I wonder how you can obtain a useful GTiff from a GRASS raster for
visualization under mapserver
http://gis.umcs.lublin.pl/skorowidze/?layer_status%5B%5D=hipsometria&txtZoomFactor=2&ROSA_CMD=ZOOM_IN&Zoom_Full.x=10&Zoom_Full.y=12&PrevStateKey=BBOX%3D759513%2C298523%2C790263%2C335423%7CSRS%3D%7CMAPSIZE%3D500%2C600%7CLAYERS%3D1&NotFirstLoad=1&RosaMode=0&INPUT_TYPE=&INPUT_COORD=304%2C333&QueryString=<http://gis.umcs.lublin.pl>

Apologize for being so annoying but didn't found useful resources on the
web, except for an "rgb2pct.py" script from http://gdal.maptools.org which
in turns requires gdal be compiled with python support. That may help
(unsure) but I hope something else could do the same without recompile.

cheers
raffaele