[GRASS-user] shaded relief of srtm tiles

thorsten thorsten at robotronic.info
Thu Dec 21 16:28:55 EST 2006

thank you Hamish,

patching works fine  ( http://www.flickr.com/photos/h2guide/329431459 ),
but i try to create a shaded relief of a hughe area,
so i will have to process it tile by tile.

what i am actually doing is:

r.in.srtm input=N42W005 output=tile  #r.in.srtm input=N42W004 output=tile
g.region rast=tile
r.colors map=tile rules=srtm
r.shaded.relief map=tile shadedmap=relief altitude=44 azimuth=270
units=meters
r.his h_map=tile i_map=relief r_map=final.red g_map=final.green
b_map=final.blue
r.composite red=final.red green=final.green blue=final.blue levels=32
output=final;

"final" is the shaded and colored relief.

what do you mean by "absolute" color table?
i am  using the  predefined color table "srtm"
and the result is still different for the adjacent tiles:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/h2guide/329431463

pasting the colored maps (called "tile") together looks ok:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/h2guide/329472914

so the problem is the greyscale component (called "relief") produced by
r.shaded.relief:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/h2guide/328146671

What should I do to get seamless tiles?

Thorsten