[GRASSLIST:10126] RE: updates to gism2 - Feb2, 2006

C. H. Roosevelt chr at bu.edu
Thu Feb 2 09:59:06 EST 2006

Hi again,

Thank you again for the most recent fixes!

I can verify Eric's errors 1-3 regarding workspace resource files,
again working on MacOSX. The only notes I'd add include the following:

> 1) Clicking the 'Open existing workspace file' button opens a 'Save
> File'
> dialog box. Shouldn't this be an Open File box?

This seems only to be a dialog box *title* problem: the button does
actually open (and not save) a resource file.

> 2) Trying to open a Workspace file through File/Groups/Open menu
> gives an
> error. I've attached it as 'Open Workspace Error.log'.
>
> 3) I created a workspace file from scratch. I added 2 rasters to
> the gis
> manager, then clicked File/Groups/Save as which gave the error message
> attached in 'Save_Workspace_Error.log'. I am able to save the
> workspace
> using the GUI button on the display manager, however. The saved
> workspace
> file re-opens normally.

While the GUI buttons related to resource files all work for me, the
only command under the menus (File>Groups> ...) that seems to work is
"Close". By the same token, the only keyboard shortcut that works in
this menu is ctrl-W for "Close."

Chris

On Feb 2, 2006, at 9:29 AM, Patton, Eric wrote:

> Hi Michael,
>
> I downloaded gism_rc1_20060201 this morning and gave it a try;
> thanks for
> the updates! We're definitely getting closer here.
>
> Some observations:
>
> 1) Clicking the 'Open existing workspace file' button opens a 'Save
> File'
> dialog box. Shouldn't this be an Open File box?
>
> 2) Trying to open a Workspace file through File/Groups/Open menu
> gives an
> error. I've attached it as 'Open Workspace Error.log'.
>
> 3) I created a workspace file from scratch. I added 2 rasters to
> the gis
> manager, then clicked File/Groups/Save as which gave the error message
> attached in 'Save_Workspace_Error.log'. I am able to save the
> workspace
> using the GUI button on the display manager, however. The saved
> workspace
> file re-opens normally.
>
> 4) Most Grass commands typed into the run dialog don't seem to do
> anything.
> I only tried a few commands, i.e. g.region -p, d.rast
> map=rastername don't
> run, but r.composite does. Do only a subset of Grass programs run
> in this
> dialog?
>
> 5) Once a code block is pasted into the 'run' dialog, clicking the
> 'save'
> button produces an error message, which is attached as
> Command_Save_Error.log.
>
> HTH,
>
> ~ Eric.

C. H. Roosevelt