[GRASSLIST:10137] Re: Buffer and Anti Buffer

RAVI KUMAR ravivundavalli at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 3 01:52:03 EST 2006

Hi,
  I tried this, but reconverting to raster, make the lines shift at times.

  Is there anything like Fuzzy Tolerance in GRASS (like in Arc-Info)..

  Ravi

Carlos "Guâno" Grohmann <carlos.grohmann at gmail.com> wrote:
  Ravi, maybe you can convert to raster, then r.thin and then back to vector?

HTH

Carlos "Guano"

On 2/2/06, RAVI KUMAR wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 1. A line can grow into a polygon (area) by BUFFER
>
> This is what we have done for a vector layer that should have contained
> LINES
> as they wanted lines with some buffer to become POLYGONS (Areas)
> They are a Geology layer consisting dolerite dykes.
>
> 2. Now there is an order to make all Dolerite Dykes to line features, from
> POLYGONS..
>
> Do we have to literally draw a median line in all these Dolerite Polygons
> and make them lines..
>
> Or Pray.. is there a solution like ANTI-BUFFER..
>
> We would be happy to send a small vector layer with our problem of
> 1. Layer with buffered dolerite dykes as POLYGONS..
> to any who would like to help us with a solution.
>
> Thanks in anticipation
>
> Ravi
>
> ________________________________
> Yahoo! Autos. Looking for a sweet ride? Get pricing, reviews, & more on new
> and used cars.

Carlos Henrique Grohmann - Guano
Geologist M.Sc - Doctorate Student at IGc-USP - Brazil
Linux User #89721 - carlos dot grohmann at gmail dot com
"Good morning, doctors. I have taken the liberty of removing Windows
95 from my hard drive."
--The winning entry in a "What were HAL's first words" contest judged
by 2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY creator Arthur C. Clarke