[GRASSLIST:10146] RE: updates to gism2 - Feb2, 2006

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Fri Feb 3 13:58:55 EST 2006

Chris and Eric,

I fixed these issues in the cvs and the copy on my website now.

Michael
______________________________
Arizona State University
Tempe, AZ  85287-2402
USA

voice: 480-965-6262; fax: 480-965-7671

From: "C. H. Roosevelt" <chr at bu.edu>
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 09:59:06 -0500
To: "Patton, Eric" <epatton at nrcan.gc.ca>
Cc: 'Michael Barton ' <michael.barton at asu.edu>, "'owner-GRASSLIST at baylor.edu
'" <owner-GRASSLIST at baylor.edu>, 'grass developers list '
<grass5 at grass.itc.it>, 'Multiple recipients of list ' <GRASSLIST at baylor.edu>
Subject: Re: [GRASSLIST:10124] RE: updates to gism2 - Feb2, 2006

Hi again,

Thank you again for the most recent fixes!

I can verify Eric's errors 1-3 regarding workspace resource files, again
working on MacOSX. The only notes I'd add include the following:

> 1) Clicking the 'Open existing workspace file' button opens a 'Save File'
> dialog box. Shouldn't this be an Open File box?

This seems only to be a dialog box *title* problem: the button does actually
open (and not save) a resource file.

> 2) Trying to open a Workspace file through File/Groups/Open menu gives an
> error. I've attached it as 'Open Workspace Error.log'.
>
> 3) I created a workspace file from scratch. I added 2 rasters to the gis
> manager, then clicked File/Groups/Save as which gave the error message
> attached in 'Save_Workspace_Error.log'. I am able to save the workspace
> using the GUI button on the display manager, however. The saved workspace
> file re-opens normally.

While the GUI buttons related to resource files all work for me, the only
command under the menus (File>Groups> ...) that seems to work is "Close". By
the same token, the only keyboard shortcut that works in this menu is ctrl-W
for "Close."

Chris

On Feb 2, 2006, at 9:29 AM, Patton, Eric wrote:

> Hi Michael,
>
> I downloaded gism_rc1_20060201 this morning and gave it a try; thanks for
> the updates! We're definitely getting closer here.
>
> Some observations:
>
> 1) Clicking the 'Open existing workspace file' button opens a 'Save File'
> dialog box. Shouldn't this be an Open File box?
>
> 2) Trying to open a Workspace file through File/Groups/Open menu gives an
> error. I've attached it as 'Open Workspace Error.log'.
>
> 3) I created a workspace file from scratch. I added 2 rasters to the gis
> manager, then clicked File/Groups/Save as which gave the error message
> attached in 'Save_Workspace_Error.log'. I am able to save the workspace
> using the GUI button on the display manager, however. The saved workspace
> file re-opens normally.
>
> 4) Most Grass commands typed into the run dialog don't seem to do anything.
> I only tried a few commands, i.e. g.region -p, d.rast map=rastername don't
> run, but r.composite does. Do only a subset of Grass programs run in this
> dialog?
>
> 5) Once a code block is pasted into the 'run' dialog, clicking the 'save'
> button produces an error message, which is attached as
> Command_Save_Error.log.
>
> HTH,
>
> ~ Eric.

C. H. Roosevelt