[GRASSLIST:10154] Re: importing EDOQ LUT

Maciek Sieczka werchowyna at epf.pl
Sun Feb 5 04:03:30 EST 2006

On Sat, 04 Feb 2006 21:38:53 -0600
Martin du Saire <mdusaire at umn.edu> wrote:

> Thanks for your quick response,
>
> The problem is that imagename.red, imagename.green, and
> imagename.blue resulting from r.in.gdal, are identical grayscale
> images.  Their histograms are exactly the same, so the composite ends
> up being grayscale...it should be RGB right?  But r.composite would
> produce an RGB raster map only if xxxx.red, xxxx.green, and xxxx.blue
> are distinct, right?

What does "gdalinfo image.jpg" say? If you open it in OpenEV or QGIS,
or GIMP - is it colour or greyscale? Maybe your input jpegs are
greyscale simply?

A note. In your:

> r.in.gdalinput=image.jpg target=image.jgw

The "target=image.jgw" seems wrong. "target" is for GCP's, while
the .jgw files are simply world files for corresponding .jpg
(like .tfw for .tif).

Maciek