[GRASSLIST:10206] grass + postgis

Kirk R. Wythers kwythers at umn.edu
Wed Feb 8 11:28:13 EST 2006

I have a vector with its attibute table in posgresql with postgis
extension. The table has a geometry column (the_geometry) and several
other columns are indexed. However, I am was tyring to run a simple
g.rename from GRASS and got the following error which is causing me
to question if the postgis piece is working properly.

 > g.rename vect=mn_btvegpt_byspp,mn_btvegpt
RENAME [mn_btvegpt_byspp] to [mn_btvegpt]
WARNING: pg driver: column 'the_geometry', type 16651 is not supported
WARNING: pg driver: column 'the_geometry', type 16651 is not supported

Any ideas?

Kirk