[GRASSLIST:10208] Re: gism

Ian MacMillan Ian.MacMillan at pomona.edu
Wed Feb 8 13:06:36 EST 2006

I have noticed this problem with a few modules, but have not documented
them as yet.  I will pay more attention in the future.

-Ian

On Feb 7, 2006, at 11:08 PM, Michael Barton wrote:

> R.to.vect should have no effect on the GIS Manager at all. However, it
> is
> possible that there is a problem with the tcltk gui dialog that the
> module
> launches. Or there may be a problem with r.to.vect.
>
> Has anyone else had this problem?
>
> Michael
> School of Human Evolution and Social Change
> Arizona State University
> Tempe, AZ 85287-2402
>
> phone: 480-965-6213
> fax: 480-965-7671
>

>> From: Manuel Seeger <seeger at uni-trier.de>
>> Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2006 10:50:55 +0100
>> To: <GRASSLIST at baylor.edu>
>> Subject: [GRASSLIST:10180] gism
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I found another little bug..
>> when converting raster to vector (r.to.vect) through gism it doues
>> its work,
>> but crashes.
>> restarting gism is no problen after it
>> error is (in perfect german, SuSe 10.0) [1] Speicherschutzverletzung
>> gis.m
>>
>> I'm trying to get started with grass, testing things and trying out...
>> its great!
>> Thanks all
>>
>> Manuel
>> --
>> Dr. Manuel Seeger
>> Wiss. Assistent      Scientific Assistant
>> Physische Geographie     Dpt. of Physical Geography
>> FB VI - Geographie/Geowissenschaften  Geography/Geosciences
>> Universität Trier      University of Trier
>> D - 54286 Trier
>> Tel.:  +49-651-201 4557
>> Fax:  +49-651-201 3976
>> Web: http://www.uni-trier.de/uni/fb6/geographie/mitarbeiter/Seeger/

What happens if a big asteroid hits Earth? Judging from realistic
simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we
can assume it will be pretty bad.
  - Dave Barry