[GRASSLIST:10241] Re: gismlegend.txt problem

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Fri Feb 10 01:50:28 EST 2006

This problem may happen to other people.

In order to make a legend in the new GIS Manager, d.vect.thematic must
create a text file containing legend parameters and give it a name that gism
can recognize. So, I've had d.vect.thematic write these out to a file named
gismlegend.txt in the user's default directory (usually the home directory).
If you cannot write to your default directory--whatever it
is--gismlegend.txt won't get written and the GIS Manager won't find it.

See if you are getting this file written into your default directory. If
not, try making sure the permissions are set to let you write in the
directory.

Michael
Arizona State University
Tempe, AZ 85287-2402