[GRASSLIST:10244] Re: Error with Postgres on Mac OSX, most recent cvs

Lorenzo Moretti lorenzo.moretti at bologna.enea.it
Fri Feb 10 04:21:58 EST 2006

Hi Nick

>The most recent cvs build on Lorenzo Moretti's site for Mac OSX, of
>1/24/06, gives me an error when trying to access postgres:
>

>dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/local/pgsql/lib/libpq.3.dylib
>   Referenced from:
>/Applications/Grass/grass61cvs.app/Contents/Resources/grass-6.1.cvs/driver/db/pg
>   Reason: image not found
>dbmi: Protocol error
>WARNING: Cannot open driver
>
>It's not able to load /usr/local/pgsql/lib/libpq.3.dylib because on
>my machine postgres isn't installed there - it's in the /Library
>directory, because I installed it using pgsqlformac, which installed
>it into this non-standard location. This version of postgres  used
>to be on sourceforge; it is now at
>http://web.mac.com/dru_satori/iWeb/PostgreSQLforMac/Welcome.html.
>Maybe this wasn't the smartest move on my part, but it worked til
>now.
>
>Would it be better for me to remove and reinstall postgres into
>/usr/local/pgsql, or can future versions figure out where postgres
>is installed?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Nick Cahill

Thanks for your report

Open your terminal and enter (copy and paste is better):

% install_name_tool -change /usr/local/pgsql/lib/libpq.3.dylib
/usr/local/grasslib/lib/libpq.3.dylib
/Applications/Grass/grass61cvs.app/Contents/Resources/grass-6.1.cvs/driver/db/pg

... and press return

I'll fix this problem in the next release.

Try and you can use PgSQL.

Bye

||      Lorenzo Moretti        e-mail: lorenzo.moretti at bologna.enea.it
||/|/|  ENEA prot/idr          Web: http://wwwamb.bologna.enea.it/
||   |  via Don Fiammelli, 2   FTP: ftp://ftpamb.bologna.enea.it/ (ris.)
~~~~~~  40128 BOLOGNA - ITALY  Ph: +39-0516098086  Fax: +39-0516098131
ENEA - Ente Nazionale per le Nuove Tecnologie, l'Energia e l'Ambiente
ENEA - The Italian Agency for New Technologies, Energy and the Environment