[GRASSLIST:10331] Re: [GRASS5] New release candidate 3 of GIS Manager 2

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Wed Feb 15 18:59:15 EST 2006

Maciek,

I see what you are talking about. But the GIS Manager is NOT doing this. The
zooming in the new GIS Manager does NOT use d.zoom. It simply resets the
region extents--extents ONLY--by issuing a g.region n=y1 s=y2 e=x1 w=x2 (no
change to resolution)

I tried adding the -a flag and it makes no difference. It looks like it is
some kind of a rounding issue in g.region (or possibly in the OS). In a
working context the change is a tiny fraction of a mm in your example below.
So it wouldn't make any meaningful difference in most cases. However, it is
odd that it happens. Maybe someone who understands the g.region code can
explain it.

Michael
Arizona State University
Tempe, AZ  85287-2402