[GRASSLIST:10340] recent experiences

Bernhard Reimar Hoefle Bernhard.Hoefle at uibk.ac.at
Thu Feb 16 08:52:14 EST 2006

Hi!

I encountered 3 problems during my recent work with GRASS.

(1) NVIZ is stucking after loading the data (99%...)

I have a NVIDIA graphic card. My default Fedora Core 4 driver for NVIDIA (nv)
couldn't support the NVIZ module. After installing the NVIDIA driver for Linux,
NVIZ worked properly. So it's a hardware/driver problem and not a
GRASS problem!

(2) Point vector display accuracy

Is it a bug or a feature that the position of point vectors varies with
the region resolution? Are the coordinates for display rounded in respect of
the current resolution setting?
The attached screenshots show 1m resolution (vector_display_error1.jpg) and
0.1m resolution vector_display_error2.jpg. The points should lie in the green
pixels which they do with 0.1m resolution. The raster resolution is 1m.

(3) r.fillnulls crashes

r.fillnulls crashes after a large amount of NODATA cells. It is a similar
problem with vector import (> 4 Mio. vector points). I think that the dbf write
process needs all the memory.
Do I have to split the raster in tiles or is there an other possibility to fill
more than a few millions of null cells.

Bernhard