[GRASSLIST:10362] Re: recent experiences

Radim Blazek radim.blazek at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 03:48:57 EST 2006

On 2/16/06, Maciek Sieczka <werchowyna at epf.pl> wrote:
> Please note that using sqlite or postgres DB backends instead of dbf
> might help you to reduce memory usage. Although sqlite looks promising
> (easy to install and use, powerfull) there are issues which hold me
> from recommending it (I'd love to use it myself):
> 1. https://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=4056

select c1 from grass_test1 where d1 < 500 / 2 and i1 <> 2  and c1 ~ 'bc'
DBMI-SQLite driver error:
Error in sqlite3_prepare():select c1 from grass_test1 where d1 < 500 / 2 and
i1 <> 2  and c1 ~ 'bc'
near "~": syntax error
EXECUTE: ******** ERROR ********

'~' is not SQL standard, this is not a bug.

Radim