[GRASSLIST:10460] Re: mouse in gis.m (was: gis manager 2 rc3 - bug fixes and updates)

David Finlayson david.p.finlayson at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 02:36:40 EST 2006

It seems to me that putting together a nice set of shortcut keys as
Glynn suggested is the modern answer to your problem Maciek. For
example, in Inkscape you are working on a drawing and want to zoom.
You activate the zoom tool:

left click to zoom in.
shift + left click to zoom out.

drag left to zoom to area.

You can do this without hitting the zoom tool again. Really no
different than the three button thing now or typing d.zoom.

Inkscape also recignizes the middle scroll wheel as a quick zoom in and out:

CTRL + scroll up to zoom in
CTRL + scroll down to zoom out

So, in Inkscape if you have a one button mouse you're set. If you've
got a scroll-wheel mouse you get an even faster way to zoom. The key
is that it is usable by a wide variety of platforms and equipment.

David

--
David Finlayson
Marine Geology & Geophysics

Office: Marine Sciences Building, Room 112
Phone: (206) 616-9407
Web: http://students.washington.edu/dfinlays