[GRASSLIST:10473] Re: gis.m run failure

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Tue Feb 21 08:44:14 EST 2006

Maciek Sieczka wrote:

> > > Error in startup script: bad event type or keysym "ConfigureRequest"
> > >     while executing
> > > "bind .mapcan($mon) <ConfigureRequest> {
> > [...]
> > >
> > > Any hints on where to look for what's wrong here?  Could this be a
> > > tcl/tk versioning issue?  (I'm using tcl/tk 8.3, although I do have
> > > tcl 8.4 installed --- just not set up so that configure finds it,
> > > coz once upon a time 8.4 was unusable with grass.)
>
> I confirm - until today I could start gis.m, now I can't. I'm on Ubuntu
> thus using tcl/tk 8.3 due to 8.4 doesn't work with NVIZ. Will I have to
> install 8.4 and fiddle around with it to make gis.m work?

No. gis.m shouldn't be binding ConfigureRequest in the first place, as
it will never receive this event. Just delete the corresponding "bind"
command from the gis.m source.

[The only way that a Tk application can receive ConfigureRequest
events is if it uses C code to add the SubstructureRedirectMask bit to
a window's event mask.]