[GRASSLIST:10530] Re: Dxf and other 3d objects in NVIZ

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Thu Feb 23 01:19:19 EST 2006

You can use v.extrude for buildings. I tried it and it is pretty slick.

Michael
Arizona State University
Tempe, AZ 85287-2402

phone: 480-965-6213
fax: 480-965-7671

From: Paul Shapley <p.shapley at gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 11:04:53 +0000
To: <GRASSLIST at baylor.edu>
Subject: [GRASSLIST:10514] Dxf and other 3d objects in NVIZ

Hi All,

I'm new to the list but not Grass which i use primarily on Mac OS X. Is
there an alternative option to getting 3d objects into NVIZ. I have tried to
obtain the v.in.dxf (OpenDWG Toolkit) but have failed.

Has anyone had success with buildings or Windturbines in thier correct
geographic positions. I have a '.dxf' instances i would like to import.

Thanks,

Paul Shapley