[GRASSLIST:9693] Re: awk not found, mac osx

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Mon Jan 2 04:34:18 EST 2006

Dave,

the awk test in the v.db.addcol script wasn't written in a portable way.

It should be:

#### check if we have awk
if [ ! -x "`which awk`" ] ; then
    echo "$PROG: awk required, please install awk or gawk first" 2>&1
    exit 1
fi

I have updated all scripts in 6.1-CVS and also in 6.0-CVS (for the upcoming
release candidate 2 and the 6.0.2 final version). I have also updated
some other
tests in the 6.1-CVS scripts.

You can either update the v.db.addcol locally with a text editor or
wait for the next version of Lorenzo's binaries.

cheers
 Markus