[GRASSLIST:9729] Re: which linux distribution?

Māris Nartišs maris.nartiss at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 01:39:25 EST 2006

Hi,

this could be a good Q for GRASS FAQ, as it gets raised tome to time.

Answer is: any GNU/Linux will fit, if it offers compilation tools (GCC
with friends).
I run GRASS on Slackware and Gentoo. On both systems compiled from
sources (CVS snapshot), both are fine.
May bee better is to ask - how good work GRASS package developers on
different distros?
Slackware - no official GIS support at all;
Gentoo - GRASS 6.0.1 is in portage with all dependencies (x86, sparc -
stable, amd64, ppc - testing).

Maris.