[GRASSLIST:9796] Re:

Maciek Sieczka werchowyna at epf.pl
Wed Jan 11 13:25:21 EST 2006

On śro, 2006-01-11 at 08:47 -0800, Ksenia Konwicki wrote:
> Good morning Brian,
>
> I'm a pretty new user my self but I will try to answer your question. When I
> import and export ESRI grids I do it as ascii files - GRASS doesn't seem to
> read the GRIDs directly - if it does, somebody please tell me how

r.in.gdal

writing to ESRI binary grid is not possible tough, only to ASCII grid
with r.out.arc

> . So to
> import an ESRI GRID, I export the GRID to ascii and use r.in.arc to import it.
> Similar with r.out.arc, I export it from GRASS with an ascii file extension
> and then import the ascii into ArcGIS. Using this method, the rasters are
> properly configured - ie. no offset because of the difference in the way
> raster and pixel coordinates are stored.

There won't be an offset in case of r.in.gdal too. However, please note
that as data cells in ESRI grids are often not alligned to cell
resolution, you might like know this:
https://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=3961

Maciek