[GRASSLIST:9806] Re: Solved: way to drop column in sqlite3

Stephan Holl holl at gdf-hannover.de
Thu Jan 12 08:47:16 EST 2006

Hello Wolfgang,

On Thu, 12 Jan 2006 14:00:36 +0100 wqual <wolfgang.qual at gmx.net> wrote:

> Hi list,
> I just found out that there is a way to drop columns in sqlite. It is
> not this alter table drop column command, but another one [1]
>
> "BEGIN TRANSACTION;
> CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE t1_backup(a,b);
> INSERT INTO t1_backup SELECT a,b FROM t1;
> DROP TABLE t1;
> CREATE TABLE t1(a,b);
> INSERT INTO t1 SELECT a,b FROM t1_backup;
> DROP TABLE t1_backup;
> COMMIT;"
>
> It's obvious that this is a little bit complex. But if you use
> sqlitebrowser, you will find under -->modify table  a button "remove
> field".
>
> Best regards,
>
> Wolfgang
>

> [1] http://www.sqlite.org/faq.html#q13

Nice one. I think this should find the way into the GRASS-wiki on [1].

What do you think?

Best
	Stephan

[1] http://grass.gdf-hannover.de/

--
GDF Hannover - Solutions for spatial data analysis and remote sensing
Hannover Office      -     Mengendamm 16d      -     D-30177 Hannover
Internet: www.gdf-hannover.de      -      Email: holl at gdf-hannover.de
Phone : ++49-(0)511.39088507       -        Fax: ++49-(0)511.39088508