[GRASSLIST:9872] Re: decision help needed: database for GRASS

Stephan Holl holl at gdf-hannover.de
Tue Jan 17 06:32:30 EST 2006

Hello Wolfgang,

On Tue, 17 Jan 2006 12:10:55 +0100 (MET) "Wolfgang Qual"
<Wolfgang.Qual at gmx.net> wrote:

> Dear list,
> currently, I am working with GRASS 6.1 CVS. In my office, more people
> will use GRASS and QGIS as the standard GIS. Therefore the question,
> which database system to store attribute data should be used is of
> increasing importance. As most of my colleagues are used to work with
> ArcView and it's simple way to work with attribute data.
> I played around with sqlite and grass and really like the
> sqlitebrowser for viewing the tabular data and to make some
> modifications (add / delete field), but I do not have any experiences
> on postgres and GRASS. As far as I know, there exists no comparable
> tool for pg as sqlitebrowser for sqlite.

Have you seen the tool pgadmin3[1], which is easy-to-use for any taks
working on a postgres-database. I work a lot with it.

And not to forget
the webapp phppgadmin[2], which is an admin-tool for postgres-tables as
well. The positive about that is the usage in your browser, which is
quite easy.

Perhaps you should give pgadmin3 a try.

Best

	Stephan

[1] http://www.pgadmin.org/
[2] http://phppgadmin.sourceforge.net/

--
GDF Hannover - Solutions for spatial data analysis and remote sensing
Hannover Office      -     Mengendamm 16d      -     D-30177 Hannover
Internet: www.gdf-hannover.de      -      Email: holl at gdf-hannover.de
Phone : ++49-(0)511.39088507       -        Fax: ++49-(0)511.39088508