[GRASSLIST:9898] Re: Grass Mapserver Installation

Christian Ferreira christian.grass at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 07:24:03 EST 2006

Hi,

Have you looked here?

http://grass.itc.it/start.html

On the README link there is this:

Markus Neteler/ITC-irst, Trento, Italy
neteler at itc.it

   [$Date: 2002/02/06 15:04:40 $]
5 minutes MapServer installation (maybe 7 minutes)

 [Requires MapServer 3.5 or later:  http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/ ]
 [Requires libgrass:  http://grass.itc.it/related_projects.html   ]
 [Requires GDAL:      http://www.remotesensing.org/gdal/          ]
 [Read also:   http://www.remotesensing.org/gdal/frmt_grass.html  ]

Compilation:
- libgrass
  ./configure ; make ; make install
  ldconfig

- gdal
  ./configure --without-python --with-grass=/home/neteler/libgrass/gis
  make ; make install
  ldconfig

- mapserver
   ./configure  --with-proj --with-ogr --with-gdal --with-gd --with-png
  make ; make install
  cp shp2img legend mapserv shptree shptreevis shptreetst scalebar sortshp \
     tile4ms /usr/local/httpd/cgi-bin/
  ldconfig

mapserver.map: map definitions (which maps to make available for MapServer)
  - put in /usr/local/httpd/map-script/mapserver.map

spearfish.html: map template with page/map layout, zoom buttons etc.
 - put in /usr/local/httpd/htdocs/

start.html: page to enter the mapserver (contains URL to cgi-bin)
 - put in /usr/local/httpd/htdocs/

.grassrc5: contains LOCATION and MAPSET and DATABASE definition for
 SEPARFISH
 - put in /usr/local/httpd/htdocs/

Generate an empty temp directory:
 - in /usr/local/httpd/htdocs/tmp/

To demonstrate, that this also works, store some exported GeoTIFF or SHAPE
here (export elevation.dem and roads from SPEARFISH):
 - put in /usr/local/httpd/htdocs/spearfish/

Store start page:
 - put in /usr/local/httpd/htdocs/

Here we go:
http://localhost/start.html

Hint: Mapserver currently only displays 8bit/24bit Integer images.
      Consider to rescale GRASS raster maps with r.rescale to 0..255

Enjoy. Tell your friends about it.

Maybe this is what you need.

Cheers,

--