[GRASSLIST:9937] v.buffer and cat-values - bug?

Wolfgang Qual Wolfgang.Qual at gmx.net
Fri Jan 20 07:23:20 EST 2006

Hi list,
using v.buffer I created a polygon-theme around a polyline-theme (v.buffer
input=themea output=themeb buffer=50 type=boundary,centroid). The strange
thing is that if I load the new polygon theme into GRASS (d.vect), some
white boundaries appear within the polygon. I used d.what.vect to see what's
behind them and I discovered that there are different cat-values. I would
have expected only spatially disconnected areas to have different
cat-values.
However, loading the theme into QGIS, I do not see any such white lines and
the query tool will not report different values for cat (only the value
"1").

Regards,

Wolfgang