[GRASSLIST:9940] Re: compiling grass for cygwin

Richard Greenwood richard.greenwood at gmail.com
Sat Jan 21 08:59:44 EST 2006

On 1/21/06, Wolfgang Zillig <wolfgang.zillig at web.de> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> is there somewhere a manual how to compile grass for cygwin? I'm new to
> cygwin but I'm interested in a few possibilities which are not included
> in the binary release due to license information:
>
> - access to the source respiratory?
> - what compiler do I need?
> - where to find and install the right libraries for gdal, dxf, mrsid, ...
> - compiling
>
> I'm really sorry if this may sound stupid experienced users but my
> knowledge in cygwin is very limited
>
> Kind regards
>
> Wolfgang

There are some notes here:

    http://geni.ath.cx/grass.html#toc8

It can be very challenging. I would suggest that you install from the
precompiled binaries and test your setup before trying to compile from
source because then you will have a environ met from which to start.
If you are familiar with Linux/Unix then the Cygwin build tools will
be familiar.

HTH

--
Richard Greenwood