[GRASSLIST:9984] Re: raster legend

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 25 00:08:29 EST 2006

> Also I would like to ask you a more general question: when I do not
> receive any answer from the mailing list, am I to assume that I did
> something wrong or asked a question out of the scope of the list?

Either no one knew the answer, or those who knew the answer were busy or
missed the email, or ?. Everyone has their own reasons for helping or
not helping I guess. Of course when asking it always helps to ask short
specific questions and be friendly about it.

> Last but not least, today I finished developing a draft of the mapping
> tool for agroecosystem analysis that was my goal when I joined the
> mailing list. I want to thank the GRASS community for great support. I
> worked a lot and I learned a lot (GRASS commands, unix shell scripts,
> PERL, etc.): THANK YOU!

Well, for my part, you are welcome. One of the things I've always liked
about GRASS (and OSS in general) is that that the time you spent to
learn things is largely transferable & useful to other projects in the
future. (e.g. projections, scripting, code (legally), software building,
best practises...) And helping people with these useful things means
they will be able to help others next time..

ciao,
Hamish