[GRASSLIST:10004] Re: Filling with flood

Māris Nartišs maris.nartiss at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 10:34:42 EST 2006

Hi,

How I did it:

Creating dam:
1) With r.digit digitise map dam line; Assign correct height to it;
2) Grow it to 2 cells atleast to avoid any holes in dam;
3) With r.mapcalc add dam to DEM.

Filling lake:
1) With r.digit create map with atleast one cell with any value below
target water level (seed);
2) Feed in DEM, seed, target water level to r.lake.

You'r done!

Maris.

Attached:
sm_ice.jpg - screenshot form movie showing Smiltene palaeolake and
possible ice margin, north Vidzeme, Latvia. Created with described
steps, only instead of r.lake I used r.mapcalc with script (~20h to
get such map on P4 3GHz compared to 1min on 800MGz PIII with r.lake).

r_lake.zip - source code of new GRASS module. Use at Your own risk!
Currently it lacks  nice blue color gradient for output maps. Any
comments - welcome.