[GRASSLIST:10009] how to convert polylines to boundaries (closed polygons)?

Bruce Raup brauplists at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 17:23:52 EST 2006

Hi all,

I have a map -- originally a shapefile, but brought into GRASS 6.1 into a
vector map -- that contains a number of polylines that happer to form a
closed polygon.  However, they are not in continguous order in the map, or
shapefile.  That is, if I plot the segments one after another without
lifting the "pen", it makes spurious lines crossing all over the place.

I would like to convert this to a boundary map that is one closed polygon
entity.  I feel I must be overlooking a function in GRASS to do this.  Any
help would be appreciated.

Bruce

--
Bruce Raup