[GRASSLIST:10090] Re: GIS Manager 2 release candidate 1

C. H. Roosevelt chr at bu.edu
Tue Jan 31 10:31:15 EST 2006

Michael (et al.),

Thank you VERY much for the new GIS Manager from a still-fledgling
but learning GRASS user. I am using it with MacOSX(.4), Lorenzo's
most recent GRASS libraries and cvs, and your GIS Manager update of
yesterday. I have one very minor fix and one unsolved problem to
report in my usage:

Minor fix:
In your new gm folder (to go in $GISBASE/etc), the file
"rastarrow.gif" should be renamed to "rastarrows.gif" as that is what
the script seems to look for (and gis.m& won't work properly without
it).

Unsolved problem:
When I try to open an old .dm group or a .dmrc file newly created and
saved with the GIS Manager, I get errors:

When I click on the "open" icon, I get the following:
can't read "w": no such variable
can't read "w": no such variable
     while executing
"set win $w"
     (procedure "Gm::OpenFileBox" line 7)
     invoked from within
"Gm::OpenFileBox"
     ("uplevel" body line 1)
     invoked from within
"uplevel \#0 $cmd"
     (procedure "Button::_release" line 18)
     invoked from within
"Button::_release .mainframe.topf.tb1.bbox3.b1"
     (command bound to event)

When I go through the menus (File>Groups>Open), I get the following:
wrong # args: should be "Gm::OpenFileBox"
wrong # args: should be "Gm::OpenFileBox"
     while executing
"Gm::OpenFileBox {}"
     invoked from within
".#menubar.#menubar#file.#menubar#file#menu7 invoke active"
     ("uplevel" body line 1)
     invoked from within
"uplevel #0 [list $w invoke active]"
     (procedure "tk::MenuInvoke" line 47)
     invoked from within
"tk::MenuInvoke .#menubar.#menubar#file.#menubar#file#menu7 1"
     (command bound to event)

I appear to have saved a resource file correctly, but cannot seem to
get back to it.

What I am doing wrong?

Thanks again for the new GUI and, in advance, for your help

Chris

C. H. Roosevelt
Department of Archaeology
Boston University