[GRASS-user] Question on how to import lat-long data into a lambert conic confromal location

Thomas Adams Thomas.Adams at noaa.gov
Sat Jul 1 12:06:31 EDT 2006

I know how to re-project from a lat/long location to a LCC location;
that's not the question…

For the longest time the way I have imported lat-long data into a
non-lat/long location was to import the data into a lat/long location
and then reprojected the data into (say) a lambert conic confromal
location. So, I would have to exit GRASS (and from my lat/long location)
and then re-start GRASS, the 2nd time going into my LCC location. I
believe there are more straight-forward ways to do this; but how? What I
have been doing works just fine, but I'd like to improve my efficiency.

Any help is appreciated.

Tom

--
Thomas E Adams