[GRASS-user] [GRASSLIST:1146] spatially group point

Luca Casagrande luca.casagrande at gmail.com
Mon Jul 3 10:38:23 EDT 2006

Hi Pierluigi!
Don't know if my approach would be good, but I'd follow this way..

1) Add a new column called "group" in the 300 points layer;
2) Create a vector layer extracting  only 1 point and assign the number of
group you want;
3) With v.distance, found the distance between each points of the original
layer (with some threshold you could speed up the process..) and this point,
and upload it to the attribute table.
4) Select only the 3 elements with low value of distance, extract them, add a
and v.patch with the point in section 2.
5) Repeat extracting the second point..
6) Merge all the layer from section 4.

Let me know if it works...

Bye
Luca

--
"L'ambizione è l'ultimo rifugio del fallito (Oscar Wilde)"

GENTOO-GIS Development Team
jabber: casagrande at jabber.linux.it