[GRASS-user] Importing rectified images

Māris Nartišs maris.gis at gmail.com
Mon Jul 3 14:49:00 EDT 2006

Hi,

from my experience:
ArcMap 8.x series has some bug - I was unable to change wrong central meridian
for with ArcMap georeferenced files (tiffs). Best solution was to remove
coordinate system from tiffs with ArcCatalog. Resulting file had correct
extent, but lacked coordinate system info. You can identify such case with
gdalinfo tool (see below example).
If You have such file, You can import into GRASS with "r.in.gdal -o" and image
will be in correct position IF locations coordinate system is same as for
tifs.

Hope this helps a little.

Maris.

$ gdalinfo 4324-25.tif
Driver: GTiff/GeoTIFF
Size is 5000, 5000
Coordinate System is `'
Origin = (595000.000000,6335000.000000)
Pixel Size = (1.00000000,-1.00000000)
Corner Coordinates:
Upper Left  (  595000.000, 6335000.000)
Lower Left  (  595000.000, 6330000.000)
Upper Right (  600000.000, 6335000.000)
Lower Right (  600000.000, 6330000.000)
Center      (  597500.000, 6332500.000)
Band 1 Block=5000x1 Type=Byte, ColorInterp=Gray

They