[GRASS-user] automatically add verticies to lines

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 3 23:00:55 EDT 2006

> its too bad v.clean doesnt snap to a line when no vertex present.
> but this will work good i think to split the line up with verticies so
> that v.clean can work its magic.

if lines cross then tool=break,rmdangle will work. If lines only come
close, I guess you could do "v.split vertices=1; v.clean tool=snap thresh=;
v.build.polylines".

I am surprised "v.distance output=connecting_lines" +
"v.clean tool=break,snap" didn't work -- distance-lines [should] end
directly on the polyline so in theory ok for v.clean...?

Hamish