[GRASS-user] GRASS list may please suggest latest R2V, than using Qcad is a via media pl.

RAVI KUMAR ravivundavalli at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 4 07:57:46 EDT 2006

Hi Hemanth,
Probably
1. U scanned a map
2. U wish it becomes a grass vector.

GRASS 5 has an auto raster to vector convertion feature. But I personally found it cumbersome.
Since then the evolution to GRASS6.* is not probably evolving
to make Raster to Vector easy.
There are many Free and Open Source products
GOOGLE and U will find.

What Iam personally doing is
1. Scan the map
2. Digitise in Qcad (Free and Open Source, installable on GNU-Linux)
3. Save as a DXF file
4. Import to GRASS
5. Build topology

Ravi Kumar
hemant moharir <courtly516 at yahoo.com> wrote: Hi All,
            I convert .tiff image to raster and then
raster file convert to vector through "r.to.Vect" for
three feature as Line,Point,Area.
           But when i try to display these converted
vector file i cant see any thing.
           steps what i done : -
       g.region vect="map name"
       d.mon x0
      d.vect "map name"

What i do for displaying these converted files?
Plz Solve

Hemant S. Moharir