[GRASS-user] SAGA and GRASS

Stephan Holl holl at gdf-hannover.de
Thu Jul 6 05:14:41 EDT 2006

Hello Jose,

On Thu, 6 Jul 2006 09:01:47 +0200 "Jose Gomez-Dans"
<jgomezdans at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 7/4/06, Wouter Buytaert <wouter.buytaert at tiscali.be> wrote:
> >

> > I came accross SAGA GIS at
> >
> > http://www.saga-gis.uni-goettingen.de/html/index.php
> >
> > Looks a very promising open source GIS application. Does anyone
> > knows how it compares to GRASS?
>

> SAGA is quite nice. For one, it is simple to start using it. The
> previous beta was fairly unstable but useable. At the moment, I
> believe they have few developers, but the architecture is quite
> robust. It is very easy to code your own modules based on some
> templates that they provide.
>
> It is a very nice program, and it works fine both in Windows and in
> Linux.

Have you managed to compile it on Linux? I could not manage it with the
current makefiles, but probably did not try hard enough. Some paths are
hardcoded in the  makefiles.linux.

Best
	Stephan
--
GDF Hannover - Solutions for spatial data analysis and remote sensing
Hannover Office      -     Mengendamm 16d      -     D-30177 Hannover
Internet: www.gdf-hannover.de      -      Email: holl at gdf-hannover.de
Phone : ++49-(0)511.39088507       -        Fax: ++49-(0)511.39088508