[GRASS-user] v.in.ascii error message

Stuart Edwards sedwards2 at cinci.rr.com
Sat Jul 15 10:49:12 EDT 2006

Hi
This command has provided hours or entertainment for me too.  Usually
I can get it to work by meticulously following the format in example
1 on the help page.  To this end you might try making the W and N
into column headers, decimalize the lat/long and 'note the blank
before entering vertex coordinates'.  Adding a columns= string helps
too.  (columns='x double, etc).  Good luck.

Stuart