[GRASS-user] r.plane raster display problem

Maciej Sieczka tutey at o2.pl
Sat Jul 15 13:04:38 EDT 2006

Maciej Tomaszczyk napisał(a):

> i created some raster using r.plane
> but i am not able to display it, got error:
>

> WARNING: can't get history information for [myplane45] in mapset [troll]
> WARNING: can't get history information for [myplane45] in mapset [troll]
>     while executing
> "close $rt"
>     (procedure "DmRaster::display" line 27)
>     invoked from within
> "DmRaster::display $node"
>     ("raster" arm line 2)
>     invoked from within
> "switch $type {
>         group {
>             DmGroup::display $node
> 	}
> 	raster {
> 	    DmRaster::display $node
> 	}
> 	labels {
> 	    DmLabels::display $node
> .."
>     (procedure "Dm::display_node" line 6)
>     invoked from within
> "Dm::display_node $n"
>     (procedure "DmGroup::display" line 11)
>     invoked from within
> "DmGroup::display "root" "
>     (procedure "Dm::display" line 8)
>     invoked from within
> "Dm::display"
>     ("uplevel" body line 1)
>     invoked from within
> "uplevel \#0 $cmd"
>     (procedure "Button::_release" line 18)
>     invoked from within
> "Button::_release .mainframe.topf.tb0.bbox1.b0"
>     (command bound to event)
>
> when i use r.out.gdal to export and  use r.in.gdal to import this raster again to grass, raster dispalys with any problems
> i have grass6.1-cvs on my machine
> anyone know how to solve this???

I confirm - d.m and gis.m (current CVS) fail to display r.plane output
and they issue the above warning. d.rast works ok though.

I noticed that the history file created by r.plane is shorter than
minimum 8 lines I observed so far in case of other raster modules - only
5 lines. As an effect, r.info fails to report any history.

Maciej,

A workaround is to use r.support and answer "y" to "Edit the history
file for [map1]? (y/n) [n]", then ESC+ENTER twice and ENTER. Or to edit
the history file manually adding 4 empty lines.

Thanl's for letting now. Please fill a bug report about that. I'm not
sure if it is d.m/gis.m fault (being to strict about history missing) or
r.plane (that fails to create a valid history file). I guess that both
behave wrong here.

Maciek