[GRASS-user] automatically run module/scripts on different regions (Re: memory use of grass modules)

maning sambale emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com
Mon Jul 17 04:35:56 EDT 2006

Hi,

In order to go around with my problem of running out of RAM during
some grass sessions with large areas, I created subtiles (v.mkgrid) of
the whole data region and implement analysis for each subtile/region.

Any ideas on how to automate this?

The basic idea is as follows: run a script with the following
parameters: region setting=vector in a v.mkgrid, script/module = a
script file.

1. select region setting from grid 1 of vector from v.mkgrid
2. run script file
3. save output vector/raster some filename.grid1
4. select region setting from grid 2 of vector from v.mkgrid
5. run script file and save output vector/raster some filename.grid1
and so on

Thanks!

Maning

--