[GRASS-user] r.plane raster display problem

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 17 20:09:38 EDT 2006

> >> Thanks for fixing this. The question remains why gis.m/d.m fails to
> >> display history-less a rasters while d.rast displays them fine?

Hamish:
> > see my message on the devel list 7-10 days ago about the same kind
> > of errors if the raster's cats/ file is missing, but if drawn with
> > d.rast it displays without complaint. I don't think it is
> > necessarily a bug for the software to complain when it comes across
> > a broken map, but it would be nice to understand why it acts
> > differently.

Michael:
> Yea. That's weird. Is it a d.rgb thing? If there is a drape map, the
> GUI switches from d.rast to d.rgb.

in spearfish:  (or wherever)

r.mapcalc test1=1
d.mon x0
d.rast test1
[ok]

gis.m: display raster
[ok]

cd $MAPSET/
mv hist/test1 hist/test1.old
d.redraw
[ok]

gis.m: redraw

Error: WARNING: can't get history information for [test1] in mapset
[user1]

[Detail:]
WARNING: can't get history information for [test1] in mapset [user1]
WARNING: can't get history information for [test1] in mapset [user1]
    while executing
"close $rt"
    (procedure "GmRaster::display" line 40)
    invoked from within
"GmRaster::display $node $mod"
    ("raster" arm line 2)
    invoked from within
"switch $type {
        group {
            GmGroup::display $node $mod
		}
		raster {
			GmRaster::display $node $mod
		}
		labels {
			GmLabels::disp..."
    (procedure "GmTree::display_node" line 7)
    invoked from within
"GmTree::display_node $n $mod"
    (procedure "GmGroup::display" line 25)
    invoked from within
"GmGroup::display "root" $mod"
    (procedure "MapCanvas::runprograms" line 30)
    invoked from within
"MapCanvas::runprograms $mon [expr {$mymodified != 0}]"
    (procedure "MapCanvas::drawmap" line 43)
    invoked from within
"MapCanvas::drawmap $mon"
    (procedure "MapCanvas::display_server" line 9)
    invoked from within
"MapCanvas::display_server"
    ("after" script)

then if gets stuck with "please wait.." at the bottom of the Map Display
1 window.

if you move away the cats/ file you get:

WARNING: category support for [test1] in mapset [user1] missing
WARNING: category support for [test1] in mapset [user1] missing
    while executing
"close $rt"
    (procedure "GmRaster::display" line 40)
    invoked from within