FW: [GRASS-user] question on georectification

Sampson, David dsampson at NRCan.gc.ca
Mon Jul 24 16:16:30 EDT 2006

Have you tried the process from this (old) tutorial. It's worked for me
in the past

http://grass.itc.it/gdp/grass5tutor/HTML_en/c255.html#nongeoref

Its where I always go cause I always forget

Let me know if you have any luck

Cheers

-----Original Message-----
From: grassuser-bounces at grass.itc.it
[mailto:grassuser-bounces at grass.itc.it] On Behalf Of Wolfgang
Sent: July 24, 2006 13:58
To: grassuser at grass.itc.it
Subject: [GRASS-user] question on georectification

Hi,

I've scanned some maps but as my scanner is not big enough I had to scan
each quarter on its own. I've imported these scans into a xy-location.
Can I use i.group to group these 4 scans together and then i.points to
get directly the full map? Or do I have to project the scans
individually and to combine them after rectification?

Thanks for any help!
Wolfgang