[GRASS-user] problem during installation.

Raymond Fu raymond_fu at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 25 06:29:03 EDT 2006

hi,

  Yes.  Following to the instruction in (http://geni.ath.cx/grass.html), I clicked "Create Location from EPSG" and enter EPSG code 32611 and restart the GRASS.   I then tried to input NewMapset to Create New Mapset textbox and click "Create".  However, "Error: couldn't change working directory to "/home/Administrator/##ERROR##": no such file or director.

  Did I do something wrong or miss certain steps?

  Thanks in advance.

  Raymond

Tomas Lanczos <lanczos at t-zones.sk> wrote:
      H i Raymond,

  did You try create Your location and mapset manually?

  Tomas

  hi,

  I am installing the Grass to Step 10 as in the web page (http://geni.ath.cx/grass.html). However after browse the grass_data, the "new location" and "PERMANENT" doesn't appear in the location and Mapsets respectively as in the figure, and "Enter GRASS" button is disabled" and so I can't proceed to step 11. Did I miss any settings?

  Thanks in advance.

  Raymond