[GRASS-user] Error using i.points during saving

wqual wolfgang.qual at gmx.net
Wed Jul 26 04:42:20 EDT 2006

Hi list,
I would like to put some scanned maps into my GIS. Therefore, I wanted to use
i.points to set some GCPs. However, I faced two problems:

a) it is not possible to load vector-themes into the second window of i.points
although I added information of the target mapset within i.target

b) I used another programm to get my real-coordinates and opened i.points
again to define the GCPs. I can set the points and write down the correct
coordinates, but when I try to quit i.points, I only get this error message:

$@$@ual/grassdata/xy_projektgebiet/PERMANENT/.tmp/standalone/18304.0P: No such
file or directory
GRASS 6.1.cvs (xy_projektgebiet):~ >

GCPs seem not to be written, as i.warp61 does not find these points (ERROR:
unable to read POINTS file. Run i.points first).
Sigh. Anybody ideas for this issue?

Best regards,
Wolfgang