[GRASS-user] Projetc Steering Committee (PSC): proposed process and structure (request for comment)

Jachym Cepicky jachym.cepicky at centrum.cz
Thu Jul 27 12:55:12 EDT 2006

Hallo,

On Thu, Jul 27, 2006 at 12:27:55PM -0400, Sampson, David wrote:
> Users, Developers and Steering Committee
> Source:http://mpa.itc.it/markus/grass61progman/rfc/rfc1_psc.html
>
> GRASS is developed by people organized in three concentric circles:
>

> *	The GRASS Steering Committee members are in the innermost
> circle. They make strategic decisions and manage the project.

> *	The GRASS Developers are the second circle and contribute to
> source code, documentation, testing, and packaging. They have write
> access to the GRASS source code repository (CVS). This group votes for
> the members of the GRASS PSC. Developers are also encouraged to closely
> peer-review code submissions.

> *	The GRASS Users are the third circle and are the largest group.
> They contribute to the code, documentation and discussion on existing
> and new features through the various mailing lists, the Wiki and the
> bug/wish tracker.

I should be member of GRASS Development team without write access to
cvs. I'm not the only one with this status. So in which group should
people like me belong to? Does it mean, that other people with access to
cvs, without any contribute do automaticly belong to the second group?
If not, who will deside it?

Jachym

--
Jachym Cepicky