[GRASS-user] Re: [Freegis-list] change vector line direction

Maciek Sieczka werchowyna at epf.pl
Sat Jun 3 03:26:57 EDT 2006

On Fri, 2 Jun 2006 15:16:24 -0700
Dylan Beaudette <dylan.beaudette at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Friday 02 June 2006 14:06, Maciek Sieczka wrote:
> > Please find attached a final version of Bash + Awk script for
> > flipping selected lines direction, and it's html man page.

> Cool! This should be included in the main distribution -- I having
> been wanting to flip line directions for some time now... Great!

Dylan,

Thanks for your feedback. If you could give it some testing and let me
know how it works for you I'd be very gratefull.

I have used it on some of my data and all looks ok. I'm wondering
tough how copying the table from input to output would behave in case
of vectors with table stored in Postgres or Mysql (I'm using only dbf
or sqlite). I did my best to make table copying possible for any DB
backend, but this needs to be checked in action.

I would be great if Grass maintainers find the script good enough to
be included in the main distr.

Best,
Maciek

P.S.
Regarding the v.digit replacement currently being worked on, I believe
that an *interactive* lines direction flipping would be a nice feauture.